Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: R10273
Groupon is based in Chicago and operates in major regions globally. We are a local e-commerce marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events. At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
Groupon is disrupting mobile commerce. Our Mobile team connects hundreds of millions of consumers with millions of local merchants and services they love worldwide while generating more than 60% of Groupon’s purchases. This is hard work!
We are seeking a world class Senior Android engineer to join our scrappy team and help us build the app that won the 2015 Internet Retailer Award for Mobile apps and was one of Google Play’s Best Apps of 2014. Our elite team of developers have written multiple books on Android development as well as open-source libraries used by thousands of Android apps, including Nike, Starbucks, Microsoft, and others. If you’re a fantastic engineer, we want to hear from you. If you haven’t made your name in the Android world yet, we want to help you.
Your responsibilities at Groupon will include:
• Develop mobile experiences used by millions of users and many of your friends every day
• Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps and the tallest cat pyramids
• Rapidly add new functionality, solve complex problems, and ship quality applications
• Develop and open source new libraries for use by the Android community
Desired Experience and Qualities:
• Strong interest in mobile and an intuition for UX and consumer behavior
• Independent, self-motivated, and an avid technologist
• 5+ years of experience in software design and development with at least 3 in mobile
• BS or MS in computer science
• Excellent Java-programming skills
Preferred, but Not Required:
• Have worked with iOS or other mobile platform
• Deep knowledge of Android
• Have created one or more deployed consumer Android applications