Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: R10078
Groupon is based in Chicago and operates in major regions globally. We are a local e-commerce marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events. At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
We're looking for great technology developers to hack on a variety of products aimed at making customer’s lives easier and happier. We work in small, independent and agile teams, and collaborate with product designers to implement stuff quickly. We are looking for people that can have an immediate impact, so experienced front-end engineers are preferred, but anybody with experience working on user interfaces and a passion for detail are encouraged to apply.
There are not a lot of boundaries here, so expect to make a big impact. The code we check in today is running in production by tomorrow. So we need people that will take pride in the quality of their code and take it personally when there's a bug that prevented one of our users from getting their job done.
Generally, the candidate will lead the engineering work around application development for our third-party solutions, QA of current applications and re-engineering to ensure optimal efficiency, development of a home grown platform to enhance the functionality of our current technology infrastructure built around business needs, and the ability to leverage engineering knowledge to provide solutions and build products to enhance the general efficiency of our global operations.
More specifically :
– Take ownership of the technical aspects of our global CS technology infrastructure, ensuring that the platform is being leveraged to it's fullest potential through designing and building applications around business needs.
– Conducting audits of current engineering work, as well as previously constructed applications, to ensure the software is running as efficient and clean as possible.
– Design and construct a home grown product / solution to enhance the functionality of our current technology infrastructure, leveraging the open API infrastructure to streamline and enhance our operational efficiency.
– Work closely with operations and the local business to gather requirements, and turn these requirements into deliverable through building, designing and / or enhancing the technology infrastructure.
– Work directly with our internal product teams to ensure that our technology infrastructure is seamlessly and effectively integrated with our third-party software, designing and building the necessary applications to make this happen.
– Manage the data migration and manage the technical consolidation of our global software platforms into one sustainable platform.
– Experience with Ruby on Rails.
– Experience with SQL.
– Understanding of, and basic experience with CSS.
– Functional understanding of REST based JSON, and the ability to code applications to consume JSON responses.
– BS Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
– Familiarity with Software Development Life Cycle Process.