Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: JV_12649
Groupon is based in Chicago and operates in major regions globally. We are a local e-commerce marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events. At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
Groupon is looking for creative and innovative minds to join the team to focus on strategic data analytics that that will propel the future growth of Groupon Getaways. As part of this team you will focus on various problems including but not limited to personalization, pricing, and product selection and sort optimization.
• Design, implement, and deploy scalable algorithms and models to utilize large amounts of data for deal targeting, optimizing deal selection and merchandising, and improving user experience.
• Analyze historical data and build forecasting systems to determine future business opportunities and metrics.
• Utilize advanced data mining and machine learning to personalize the user experience, increase user engagement and improve core business metrics.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology Systems or related field and 3 years of experience in data analysis, engineering or related field; or
• Phd degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Information Technology Systems or related field.
Academic or work experience with:
• Data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, modeling, and personalization technology development;
• Research on data mining, web mining, or machine learning algorithms;
• Python, Perl, Ruby or similar scripting language;
• Java, C, C++, or similar compiled language;
• Experience in *NIX development environment;
• Expertise in analyzing large quantities of data to identify key trends and patterns;
• Matlab, SAS, R, or similar analytical tool;
• Experience using SQL queries for data analysis on Teradata or similar parallel database.
Who We Are, How We Work
We provide a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.