Job Description / Skills Required
Come be a part of one of the fastest growing, well-funded and exciting startups in Silicon Valley. Peel makes the world’s leading smart remote app which turns your mobile device into a universal remote control. Our technology is preloaded on many of the world’s top-selling Android devices. Peel’s audience is at 150 million+ registered users with 10 billion+ remote commands handled every month. Help us revolutionize the TV viewing experience and achieve our goal of becoming the universal controller for the connected home.
· Android Kernel engineer who can help with deploying peel’s IP with OEM’s and ODM’s in China, Korea, and Taiwan. The kernel engineer will work with the R&D team in Mountain View, and Field Applications team in Shanghai.
· The engineer will need to travel to customers in Asia and help then with integration of our software and hardware solutions into their environments.
Who we want:
· B.E./M.Tech. in Computer Science / Electronics and Communication from top colleges with minimum 6 Years of relevant experience.
. Deep Knowledge of android OS
. Linux kernel driver development experience
. Understanding of ARM architecture and bus architectures (I2S, I2C, SPI)
. Some android service development experience
. Working knowledge of Hardware/Software
. Writing app notes, technical papers, technical specifications
. Strong written and verbal skills
Skills And Requirements:
· Develop and support the Peel Kernel Drivers.
· Develop and support Android service layer API’s
· Design and develop test software for our driver and service layers
· Travel to customer site and support during integration
· Review and assist in the troubleshooting and diagnosis of complex customer issues, including visiting customer site.
· Replicate issues and testing customer configurations in a lab environment
· Author technical documents for use by customers, other technical support personnel, and partners based on closed issues
Nice To Have:
. Circuit design and schematic capture
. Familiarity with Open Source Licensing
. Big plus if they have built android distributions
. Have worked on Android Mobile phone’s and Tablets
What else do we offer? Here are some of the benefits at Peel:
* Competitive base salary
* Stock Options
* Employee outings and enrichment
* Employee Provident Fund (PF)
* Health Insurance
* Term Life Insurance
* On-site snacks/beverages/gourmet coffee
* Ping Pong, and other games