Job Description / Skills Required
Lumoid is a San Francisco based company that offers a "Try Before You Buy" service for consumer electronics.
Data is at the core of decision making of every aspect of our business – Engineering, Operations & Inventory Management and Marketing.
We are looking for a passionate Data Engineer Intern who has the skills to wrangle data, creatively cross API barriers and limitations of various 3rd party systems to build scalable data driven systems.
– Build data pipelines and ETL tools to connect various data sources to our data warehouses.
– Will be using big data technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Storm, Kafka to build scalable data stores that enable predictive analytics and modeling.
– Use business intelligence tools to build metrics and dashboards relevant for different business units.
– Experience with – Java and/or Python scripting languages.
– Proficiency in SQL is a must.
– Strong communication skills to present data and experiment results effectively.
– Understanding of the challenges and nuances of working with small and large datasets.
– Experience with visualization libraries in R, Python, D3 etc. is a plus.
– Exposure to Hadoop and Hive is an added bonus.
– Must already be present in the US.
– Must have an OPT (or equivalent eligibility) to work as an Intern.