Job Description / Skills Required
• Collaborate with our UX researchers to better understand customer needs
• Sketching, concept generation, and other ideation exercises to push the boundaries of what we build
• Create flows, wireframes, animations, storyboards, and any other visualizations that make explicit the functional and systems core of a product’s design, across all relevant channels and devices
• Helping define and prototype proposed designs and interactions (using the best tools to express your ideas)
• Contribute ideas to improve existing products, both in and outside personal expertise
• Lovingly craft final design deliverables and product specifications
• Deeply understand, contribute to, and if necessary challenge the requirements and business goals of projects you work on
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
Job Requirements/ Specifications
• Minimum 5 years of practical experience working with multi-disciplinary teams in an Agile environment
• A portfolio showcasing excellent skills in design for web and mobile, and clear application of experience design principles (Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered)
• Ability to think about high-level product vision and contribute a vision of a fantastic user
• A strong, modern design sense – work that values usability, scalability and consistency.
• Solid grounding in fundamentals of HCI, information design, and user experience design principles and practices
• Experience with qualitative user research methodologies, familiarity with quantitative testing methodologies, and the wisdom to use them to make effective data-driven design decisions
• Ability to manage and execute multiple ongoing projects, efficiently communicate progress,
and manage expectations towards milestones
• Experience with key design tools such as Adobe design suite / Sketch, prototyping tools,
and understanding of constraints inherent to web and mobile design.
• Clear grasp of the constraints inherent in mobile and web design, and familiarity with key
technologies, techniques, and standards such as HTML, CSS, Responsive Design, HIG for IOS or Android.
• Bachelor or Master degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Communication Design, or a
• Comfort working in fast-moving, agile development environments
• Eagerness to tackle the unique design and development challenges
• Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of
• Experience with large scale e-commerce, consumer design, and locally-focused industries
• Healthy sense of humor
• Great design communication skills; able to tell the story of a design from end to end
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.