Job Description / Skills Required
• Actively participate in ideation exercises to push the boundaries of what we build and to improve existing products, both in and outside personal expertise
• Create flows, user scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, and design specifications during the full cycle of the product design and development .
• Help define and prototype proposed designs and interactions, using the best tools to express your ideas
• Deliver high-fidelity assets and specifications leveraging Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision – as well as your best tools for accomplishing the tasks at hand
• Deeply understand, contribute to, and if necessary challenge the requirements and business goals of projects you work on
• Actively build a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, product and development teams to design a world-class customer experience
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
• Portfolio showcasing excellent design for web and mobile, demonstrating complex problem-solving skill s
• Proficiency in current web and mobile design technology
• Experience in commerce design, metric dashboards, data visualization, infographics, enterprise software, and local-focused industries are preferred . Super bonus points for work on advertising technology, online marketplaces,, or eCommerce systems.
• Must be able to work in Groupon’s Berlin office, with occasional travel to other European countries and the the United States
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Design, HCI, Usability, or a related field – or equivalent experience
• Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
• Strong ability to sell your ideas using written and verbal communication, as well as excellent presentation abilities
• Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team
• A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expected.
• Positive attitude and self-motivation with a willingness to have fun as team member in an awesome organization.
You must be fluent in English to be successful in this role.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.