Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: R12685
• Lead and manage a team of 4-5 designers to oversee and innovate the ways our
consumers buy, check out, and use the deals cross platform (native mobile app as well as web).
• Lead the design strategy by defining user scenario and creating interaction flows, wire frames, prototypes and beautiful UIs that are conformed with Groupon design system.
• Gather requirements, research outcome and data to analyze user and business needs, and set scope and interface strategies in collaboration with product managers.
• Manage, mentor, inspire, and guide the design team while playing a strong hands-on designer role.
• Present the team's works at the executive-level reviews.
• Influence the team’s prioritization by creating/managing milestone and negotiating the workload and time lines with product management and engineering.
• Possess a strong point of view through the lens of customer advocate.
• Create, improve, and own creative workflow processes, protocols, and tools.
• Actively build a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, product and development teams to design a world-class consumer experience.
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
• Minimum 8 years of leading UX design in a in-house or design agency team.
• Experience in building a world-class user-centered design.
• Experience in leading the mobile app design in full product cycle.
• Exceptional portfolio demonstrating a complex problem-solving skill backed up with strong design rationale is a must.
• Understanding in the current design/technology trends.
• Proven leadership skills coupled with an ability to be hands-on.
• Must be able to work in Groupon Palo Alto office.
• Bachelor or Master degree in HCI, Design, or a related field.
• Proficiency in prototyping is a big plus.
• Experience in local, commerce space is a big plus.
• Extremely detail-oriented and also able to see the big pictures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation ability.
• Cool, calm and collected.
• Easy-going and open-minded, no egoistic or authoritarian character.
• Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team.
• A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expectation.
• Positive attitude and self-motivation.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.