Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: R12294
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
Drive technical design & implementation for products & services owned.
Design, implement, test, maintain, and own high-performance web services.
Research various open source technologies to solve existing and future problems.
Rapidly iterate to add new functionality, solve complex problems with simple, intuitive, and customer focused solutions while shipping quality applications.
– BS, or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
– 5 – 8+ years software engineering experience
– Excellent coding skills in J2EE Frameworks like Spring.
– Experience with relational databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL etc
– Strong knowledge in Algorithms and Data Structure.
– Experience in HLD and LLD
– Thrives in a dynamic environment, using agile methodologies
– Is detail-oriented and has creative problem-solving skills
– Has excellent written and oral communication skills
– Using services oriented architecture (SOA) you will build/test for scale, performance and reliability.
– Experience with NoSQL databases like Mongodb, Redis, HBase, Cassandra etc.
– Experience with e-commerce is a plus.