Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: R12356
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
Groupon is based in Chicago and operates in major regions globally. We are a local e-commerce marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events. At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
The Manager, Pricing Strategy and Analytics falls under the Inventory & Pricing function and is responsible for using data driven insights to deliver financial targets for the pricing team within the Services organization. The Strategy and Analytics Manager works closely with GMs for these verticals in coming up with various levers in supply, marketing, merchandising, pricing, product, etc to identify areas of opportunity and come up with plans to execute and win.
S/he will partner closely with Vertical GMs, Analytics, Data Science, Sales management, Finance and Product Management to deliver plans for the business.
· Understand e-commerce ecosystem and functions of various levers in supply, demand, pricing etc
· Use insights to arbitrate and understand scale/size of various levers and can recommend course of actions
· Use Groupon wide approach in validating tradeoffs
Experience in consulting/investment banking a plus
· 5+ years professional experience, preferably in management consulting, B2B operations, tech.
· MBA or advanced degree in quantitative discipline preferred
· Excel is a must. Knowledge of Salesforce, analytics tools (e.g. Tableau), SQL/Teradata warehousing is a plus
· Must be comfortable working in a cross-functional role
· Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills required
· Self-starter, fast learner, adaptive to fast-paced working environment,
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability and confidence to succinctly convey complex information to senior management