Job Description / Skills Required
Lumoid is a team of geeks, engineers, photographers, artists and puppies based in San Francisco and just recently, New York! Our mission is to make it easy and affordable for people to try the latest photo gear, drones, wearables and audio systems. We're ambitious, resourceful, collaborative and we get things done.
We're looking for a Senior Engineer, Full Stack to join us and contribute at all levels of our application stack. The candidate's work will directly impact user growth and revenue for the company. We follow agile software development process and emphasize on user experience, test driven development, metrics and automation.
– Design and build new product features, infrastructure, and tools from the ground up
– Write clean, reliable and scalable code to build and improve our web application, frameworks and REST APIs
– Automate tests and be responsible for the quality and performance
– Partner with various teams like Product, Operations and Marketing to build tools to help them be more efficient
– Use both qualitative and quantitive methods to measure the success of every feature we build
– Mentor junior engineers, prioritize tasks and launch features on time
– 4+ years of full-stack engineering experience in Ruby/Ruby on Rails
– Strong coding and database skills including MySQL, Python, REST APIs, JSON
– Must have built high-scale consumer web applications
– Familiar with Amazon Web services
– Problem solver with a strong bias to action
– Always does the right thing in a fast-paced environment
– BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering discipline