Job Description / Skills Required
The Business Operations team bridges the operational and product sides of Groupon, using a strategic mindset, analytical thinking, and operational horsepower to drive business value from Groupon���s product and engineering investments. With an alignment to specific product areas (e.g., search, conversion, customer engagement, etc.) they develop the knowledge and insights that fuel our product strategy & development. This position is for Palo Alto and will report to the head of business operations.
• Partnering with Product Managers, and to a lesser extent, engineering, marketing, and sales to identify and drive strategic and operational improvements that deliver a sustainable lift.
• Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to understand how users interact with Groupon's offerings and then develop and test hypotheses to improve the offerings.
• Quantifying the value/size of new opportunities to inform and prioritize product and engineering roadmaps
• Reviewing product performance, advising on areas of opportunity, and analyzing A/B testing and other experimental data to measure the impact of new features
• Designing both the business logic and the technical specifications to extract key data elements from Groupon’s products
• Develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, etc.
• Manage onshore and offshore associates.
Ideal candidate will have:
• 4+ years of relevant work experience in highly analytical roles (consulting, investment banking, product analytics, etc.)
• Excellent communicator (written + oral). An ability to work well with a wide range of people.
• Demonstrated ability to influence outcomes and decisions (not just report on analytics)
• Proficiency in Excel and SQL
• Interest and passion for data, product development, and e-commerce
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.