Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centers. Headquartered in California, operations in the UK began in 2013 when Kaiam purchased the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in West Lothian. Since then, the company has developed and expanded its network and customer base on an international level.
Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace – and once again, our order book is full!
In preparation for the future and our current growth Kaiam are presently implementing a significant ramp plan in terms of people, production and new product introduction.
In particular, we are now recruiting for Shift Equipment & Maintenance Engineers. Supporting the Facilities Manager, you will be actively involved within the execution of maintenance procedures for new and existing equipment and will be heavily involved within providing technical support for our TOSA ROSA assembly and test production line as well as supporting other departments.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Providing shift cover for the maintenance department as well as technical support across all production lines
• Establish and implementing TPM for all production equipment
• Carry out existing preventative maintenance as determined by maintenance schedules
• Actively take responsibility for machine uptime
• Ensure all equipment engineering practices and procedures are carried out in accordance with current health & safety legislation
• Liaise with main equipment suppliers about technical servicing issues as required
• Ensure adequate availability of equipment spares for all manufacturing equipment
• Participate as an active member of the Emergency Response Team and in cross training functions
Educated to HND or equivalent within an electrical or electronic discipline the ideal candidate will need to demonstrate a flexible approach to work with excellent communication. Experienced in set up and repair of microscopes and visual aids as well as new equipment installations and repairs this successful candidate must be able to make accurate decisions when under pressure.
With excellent fault finding skills you will be proactive and capable of working without direct supervision and enjoy the challenge of working to deadlines to achieve define targets. Previous experience of working within a fast paced manufacturing environment is advantageous.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?