Job Description / Skills Required
Requisition ID: R13721
We’re not your typical online travel platform. We work to create packages that delight both hotelier and Groupon subscribers alike. We focus on independent and boutique properties as well as large hotel chains and B&Bs and listen to their needs to craft a deal that is going to get them the customers that they want – when they want them. Out with the old ways of features that serve as price comparisons. We’re in the business of featuring the hotels for everything they are — opportunities for our subscribers to make life less boring. Emphasis is on the formation of long-term partnerships as we look to feature properties when they find themselves in a need season.
We are hiring the best and brightest Account Executives to join our Groupon Getaways Inside Sales team.
As a Groupon Getaways Account Executive, you will have the chance to sell an innovative and dynamic product in one of the most exciting industries around. This role offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact selling the Groupon Getaways platform, a powerful way for hotels and resorts to market their properties. This role will focus on creating new, and maintaining existing business relationships – giving you and Getaways the opportunity to open and penetrate new markets and deeper into existing markets and accounts.
You will play a key role in driving new business for our global travel platform helping drive various outbound campaigns. You will focus on new product offerings, establishing and building relationships with boutique hotels, B&B’s and hotel chains, listening to their needs to craft a deal that is going to get them the customers that they want, when they want them. This is a great opportunity for a sales professional who is passionate about the travel industry, is motivated by the thrill of creating new business relationships and is comfortable in a fast paced, forward thinking environment.
Areas of Responsibility:
● Cultivate relationships with new and existing hotel partners for a specific part of the US, Canada, Mexico or the Caribbean
● Responsible for achieving daily activity requirements through outbound partner contact
● Leverage current connections and related experience in sales to build alliances with hotel partners
● Work to find the best solution using high financial acumen, strong sales process and creative solutions
● Prospect, consult with, and close relationships with lodging suppliers of all types, obtaining compelling deals on travel experiences for Groupon subscribers
● Develop familiarity with each partner’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, economic model, and revenue and profit drivers as it relates to driving occupancy
● Be held to revenue goals and seek to identify new and creative travel packages that will build toward this revenue goal
● Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy in order to reach partner desired outcomes and maximize profit
● Collaborate with the Market Management team to ensure a seamless transition of accounts and align on partner strategy
● Partner with the Planning and Revenue Management analysts to ensure deal structure optimization is achieved
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
● 1 to 2+ years of proven success in a sales environment (hospitality specific a plus)
● Experience selling over the phone and cold calling various types of businesses, local merchants a plus
● Demonstrate high degrees of diligence and accountability, with evidence of personal results
● A balance of coachability and confidence that makes people jealous at how great of a person you are
● Comfortable in a competitive environment, with evidence of personal ambition to improve
● Exceptionally strong negotiation and consultation skills
● Captive learner, excited about the opportunity to develop consultative sales skills
● Experience lead-genning and cold-calling into businesses, including negotiations with director and above level contacts
● Must have strong relationship building background
● Action-oriented, motivated and the previous results of demonstrated success
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.