Job Description / Skills Required
Groupon is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team in Palo Alto, California. In the past year, we will have sold over $6 billion worth of products, services and experiences to customers around the year. You will own the creation of an amazing experiences for our merchants, vendors and buyers across mobile, tablet, and the web that enable this vibrant marketplace to thrive.
You are extremely detail-oriented, organized and willing to push our creative boundaries. You possess strong communication skills and keen design judgment. You utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills on every project you tackle. You collaborate well with your peers and colleagues and you’re always up for making work more than just a job.
You will collaborate with designers, user researchers, product managers, developers and data analysts in an agile development environment. You can sell your ideas to stakeholders and counterparts, because you are a storytelling champ. You get to bring to life experiences and a whole new suite of tools that help our vendors run and grow their business seamlessly and efficiently using Groupon
• Actively participate in ideation exercises to push the boundaries of what we build and to improve existing products, both in and outside personal expertise
• Create flows, user scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, and design specifications during the full cycle of the product design and development .
• Help define and prototype proposed designs and interactions, using the best tools to express your ideas
• Deliver high-fidelity assets and specifications leveraging Sketch, Zeplin, and InVision – as well as your best tools for accomplishing the tasks at hand
• Deeply understand, contribute to, and if necessary challenge the requirements and business goals of projects you work on
• Actively build a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, product and development teams to design a world-class customer experience
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
• Portfolio showcasing excellent design for web and mobile, demonstrating complex problem-solving skill s
• Proficiency in current web and mobile design technology
• Experience in commerce design, metric dashboards, data visualization, infographics, enterprise software, and local-focused industries are preferred . Super bonus points for work on advertising technology, online marketplaces,, or eCommerce systems.
• Must be able to work in Groupon’s Palo Alto and San Francisco offices
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Design, HCI, Usability, or a related field – or equivalent experience
• Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture
• Strong ability to sell your ideas using written and verbal communication, as well as excellent presentation abilities
• Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team
• A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expected.
• Positive attitude and self-motivation with a willingness to have fun as team member in an awesome organization.