Job Description / Skills Required
As a key member of an elite team, your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers as well as establish the Groupon infrastructure platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
• Design, architect and implement big-data tools for real-time distributed log processing and petabyte scale analysis of web clickstream as well as structured data
• Help bring our end-to-end data pipelines to the next level of scalability and reliability.
• Building large-scale infrastructure using open-source technologies
• Work with other developers across Groupon to ensure we’re using best practices and to share knowledge and experience across the company
• Work in agile development environment
with short sprints, stand-ups, and retros, pair programming as often as you like
• 8+ years in software development
• Highly proficient in OO programming (Java preferred) and data modeling
• Experience with modern data streaming/real-time processing/storage technologies: Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark and similar
• Extensive experience designing and implementing scalable distributed data management systems as well BI/Analytical tools
• Passion for software quality
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience