Job Description / Skills Required
The Visual Designer will focus on concepting and creating visually engaging, branded, and functional digital assets for Groupon’s marketing and merchandising businesses.A key aspect of this role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between serving our brand’s purpose, business goals, and customer needs.
Visual Designers are expected to innovate and provide creative ideas for ongoing and seasonal tentpole campaigns that align to cross-functional business goals. The Visual Designer will report to the Art Director.
• Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce the Groupon brand style and voice through its visual touchpoints
• Work with other designers across the organisation to define a cohesive design language and design guidelines for Groupon products
• Brainstorm and develop clear ideas, concepts, and designs from inception through production.
• Create a look consistent with all of Groupon while pleasing our users. • Market and promote campaigns and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team that includes engineers, product managers and other designers across the organisation
• Work with a global asset library and workflow system to source images and follow a production schedule
• Communicate effectively in a cross-functional design team to present ideas and designs effectively.
• Translate customer and stakeholder's business requirements, their needs, technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging.
• In addition to standard asset types, design logos, icons, illustrations, infographics, and data visualizations
• Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations. • Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
Requirements / Experience Minimum qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
• 4+ years of experience working on a visual design for marketing and on branding related projects.
– Experience designing engaging campaigns for consumer-oriented websites or mobile apps.
• Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary design teams (visual design, interaction and design research) on technical implementation.
• Experience implementing visual design systems across a range of platforms in an iterative campaign development environment.
• Well-rounded portfolio of visual design execution, including illustration and/or visual story telling. Preferred qualifications:
• A solid foundation in typography, layout, and design.
• Good eye for photography and be able to select photography for campaigns. • Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills.
• A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and meet deadline.
• The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously.
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; additional experience with Sketch or other prototyping tools; motion design (After Effects)
• Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, Android and iOS.
• CSS and HTML skills.
• Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered/ customer-centred design process.
• Must be self-motivated to prioritise and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships. • Candidate should be able to work well as part of the team.
When applying, please include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. If we set up an interview, you’ll present a minimum of 3 relevant projects. You’ll provide insight into your design process and include any materials you have a deep passion for. We want to meet the whole person, not just your professional work!