Job Description / Skills Required
Groupon is looking for an experienced Affiliate Marketing Manager to drive a book of business for the affiliate program. Affiliate marketing is one of Groupon’s largest marketing channels. Typical tasks in this role include assessing the ROI of marketing spend, optimizing affiliate promotion on well understood success metrics (for Groupon and Groupon affiliates), analysing the quality of customers we acquire from different Groupon businesses and evaluating new opportunities and partners. The Marketing Manager will also assess trends and devise and conduct tests to grow their business. Driving performance through data driven analysis will be a key for the Marketing Manager.
Job DescriptionCore Functions
• Manage and grow a book of business
• Monitor affiliate activity, analyze performance, identify areas of improvement, and recommend ways to increase affiliate-generated revenues
• Provide affiliates with best practices (via eNewsletters, blogs) and any promotions
• Run tests to increase new customers and new subscribers
• Analyze/model data to identify and recruit new affiliates and strategic partners (e.g., 'super affiliates')
• Be a “Single Point of Contact” to one of the Groupon businesses (Deals, Getaways, Goods) which includes helping to build an affiliate marketing roadmap for upcoming deals
• Represent Groupon at all affiliate marketing related trade shows, seminars, and industry events
• Coordinate creative, messaging and deployment of: banners, buttons, text links, copy, email, media, and offers by partner.
• Managing and administering all contractual terms related to assigned partnership accounts
• Effectively coordinate with other team members and departments
• Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in affiliate program management
• Must possess strong knowledge of the affiliate marketing industry
• A proven negotiator who can build strong partnerships
• Be able to work with multiple affiliate platforms
• Must have knowledge in Internet marketing, including email marketing, search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, and blog/forum marketing
• Experience with tableau & an ability to query data (via SQL or otherwise) and provide in-depth analysis is a plus
• Mast be excellent with Microsoft Excel
• Must be comfortable with public speaking and open to traveling to trade shows and conferences
• An additional language (French or German) would be advantageous
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.