Job Description / Skills Required
As a key member of an elite team, your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of millions of customers as well as establish the Groupon infrastructure platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
• Design, architect and implement big-data tools for real-time distributed log processing and petabyte scale analysis of web clickstream as well as structured data
• Help bring our end-to-end data pipelines to the next level of scalability and reliability.
• Building large-scale infrastructure using open-source technologies
• Work with other developers across Groupon to ensure we’re using best practices and to share knowledge and experience across the company
• Work in agile development environment
with short sprints, stand-ups, and retros, pair programming as often as you like
• 8+ years in software development
• Highly proficient in OO programming (Java preferred) and data modeling
• Experience with modern data streaming/real-time processing/storage technologies: Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Spark and similar
• Extensive experience designing and implementing scalable distributed data management systems as well BI/Analytical tools
• Passion for software quality
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.