Job Description / Skills Required
Mobile is a huge part of Groupon’s DNA and accounts for more than 60% of all of Groupon’s revenue. The Groupon mobile apps are rated five stars in both the Apple iTunes and Google Play app stores and are one of the top-rated retail mobile apps in the world. Groupon Mobile generates millions of dollars in revenue and delights millions of people around the world every day. With over 30 million monthly users of our apps, our mobile engineering team operates at a scale very few companies reach.
As an engineering team, we champion engineering excellence, passion, teamwork, ownership, and quality. Our contributions in mobile drive huge impacts across the company and deliver awesome value for our customers.
Your responsibilities at Groupon will include:
• Develop mobile experiences used by millions of users and many of your friends every day
• Work closely with designers, product management, and other teams to create unique mobile apps and the tallest cat pyramids
• Rapidly add new functionality, solve complex problems, and ship quality applications
• Develop and open source new libraries for use by the Android community
Desired Experience and Qualities:
• Strong interest in mobile and an intuition for UX and consumer behavior
• Independent, self-motivated, and an avid technologist
• 5+ years of experience in software design and development with at least 3 in mobile
• BS or MS in computer science
• Excellent Java-programming skills
Preferred, but Not Required:
• Have worked with iOS or other mobile platform
• Deep knowledge of Android
• Have created one or more deployed consumer Android applications
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.