Job Description / Skills Required
Groupon’s office continues to grow! Do you want to join a team committed to changing the Search Engine Marketing space? Do you want to test and grow your skills with one of the world’s broadest and most fluid catalogs? We are a team of seasoned professionals dedicated to growing our business using proprietary software and cutting edge practices.
The Search Marketing team is a key element in Groupon’s continued success. We use our own custom built software to vigilantly protect the brand across search engines while reaching out to new and dormant customers through our non-branded deal and category marketing. As a Data Analyst, you will be working on creating processes and data infrastructure for the Search Marketing business. You will be partnering with data scientists and marketing analysts to identify how to drive relevant traffic to the site and analyze business performance to understand opportunities for growth.
The ideal candidate will have analytical prowess, a bias for action, humility, and the ability to create and manipulate data in the furtherance of driving sales revenue. This role will report into the Technical Product manager for Search Marketing and will be based in our Groupon Seattle office.
• Development of data infrastructure for enabling processes for lifecycle marketing, search marketing, and other initiatives.
• Creation of dashboards and reports providing insight into business data. Monitoring and optimization of existing and new campaigns through data analysis
• Designing and driving and measuring experiments,
• Work with other team members to gather requirements for analysis and reporting.
• Hands-on analysis and manipulation of data to continuously improve conversion and ROI.
• End-to-end knowledge of data warehousing and BI systems.
• Experience in database analytics, data infrastructure development, and data mining.
• Minimum 3 years SQL experience
• Very strong Excel skills.
• Knowledge of a scripting language (preferably Python) or object oriented programming.
• Experience in online computational marketing preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or Computer Science.
• Demonstrated success in ingesting, analyzing, and presenting large data-sets.
• Proven ability to perform data driven analyses including problem statement, data discovery, and result communication.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.