Job Description / Skills Required
Based in Chicago and operating in major regions globally, we are a local e-commerce marketplace where people discover and save on amazing things to do, see, eat and buy in their neighborhoods. We're enabling real-time commerce across local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products and live events. At the same time, we provide merchants with the resources and tools to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward.
Groupon is a mobile-first company, and there’s a lot of emphasis on innovating our mobile experience. The Groupon mobile app recently won 1st place in the Internet Retailer Mobile 500 two years in a row. It was also listed as one of the top 25 apps in the US in 2016, atop the list in the commerce category. As a design team, we champion entrepreneurship, authenticity, collaboration, and quality. We run a tight ship making a huge impact with great visibility in the organization. Check out our team website http://design.groupon.com.
As a product designer at Groupon, you’ll drive the end-to-end product design—including defining the problem, brainstorming on the product vision, and designing workflows, interactions and visualization—while working alongside talented researchers and content strategists. You’ll own a meaningful and wide range of products impacting the experience of millions of customers.
• Participate in ideation exercises to push the boundaries of what we build and to improve existing products, both in and outside personal expertise .
• Deeply understand, contribute to, and if necessary challenge the requirements and business goals of projects you work on.
• Create flows, user scenarios, storyboards, wireframes, and design specifications during the full cycle of the product design and development .
• Help define and prototype proposed designs and interactions, using the best tools to express your ideas .
• Collaborate closely with user researchers, content strategists , and design systems teams to develop strong solutions that incorporate industry and company best practices while solving customer pain points.
• Deliver high-fidelity assets and specifications leveraging Sketch, Zeplin and other best-in-class tools for accomplishing the tasks at hand
• Actively build a strong relationship with business leadership, marketing, sales, product and development teams to design a world-class customer experience
Job Requirements/ Specifications:
• Portfolio showcasing excellent design for web and mobile, demonstrating complex problem-solving skill s.
• Proficiency in current web and mobile design technology and best practices.
• Experience in commerce design, online marketplaces or eCommerce systems and local-focused industries are preferred .
• Must be able to work in Groupon’s Chicago offices
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Design, HCI, Usability, or a related field – or equivalent experience
• Detail-oriented while being able to see the big picture .
• Strong ability to sell your ideas using written and verbal communication, as well as excellent presentation abilities.
• Resourcefulness coupled with great problem-solving skills, both on your own and as part of a team .
• A desire to do wonderful design work that goes above and beyond the expected.
• Positive attitude and self-motivation with a willingness to have fun as team member in an awesome organization.
Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.