Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres and the telecommunications industry. Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
After a period of significant growth, we are looking for a Head of HR, reporting to the CEO, to support the next stage of our organisational development. By partnering with the senior management team, the successful candidate will create HR solutions and strategies that support talent acquisition, development and retention, whilst acting as a positive change agent in support of our people focus. A key challenge will be your ability to successfully influence senior leaders whilst also having a highly hands-on approach in order to get the job done; therefore a strong HR generalist is required.
Leading the people agenda you will lead the existing HR team in driving HR operational excellence whilst building relationships with key stakeholders within the business and truly getting to understand their needs. Offering insight and guidance on the whole range of HR areas including recruitment and selection, performance and people management, policy and procedure, reward and recognition, talent and succession, workforce planning and employee engagement to drive business results and support growth.
This role will see you:
• Develop and implement an agenda for people & development strategy in line with the business plan
• Lead, coach and direct the small HR team — ensuring they are developed to fulfil the requirements of their role and to support in their continuous professional development
• Provide coaching and leadership development to the Senior Leaders and Managers
• Deliver strategic succession and talent management
• Deal with complex disciplinary/grievance and HR issues
• Lead on TUPE transfers, ensuring seamless integration and mitigating risk to the business
• Carry out due diligence for any potential acquisitions
• Manage all internal communications ensuring effective messaging
• Lead on employee engagement
• Ensure reward and recognition practices attract and retain the best talent
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary (based on experience), life cover, pension, cycle to work scheme and generous holidays.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?