Job Description / Skills Required
Swift Navigation is looking for outstanding software engineers in cloud services and infrastructure. You will work with a small team to design, create, and deploy cloud services that will enable Swift Navigation to advance the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics, and autonomous transportation.
As a member of the cloud services team, you'll contribute and own distributed cloud services that will be deployed world-wide and drive our mission of bringing high precision, autonoumous navigation systems to the forefront of the industry. These services will interact with networked sensors, be based upon service-oriented architectures (micro-services), scientific modeling services, and distributed message brokers for connected satellite navigation receivers. You will also establish the foundation for internal infrastructure that will be shared broadly by Swift's R&D teams and enable them to move at high velocity.
Your work will impact all aspects of our development, deployment, and production pipelines as it can touch: rigorously validation of our hardware product in the lab and real-world environments; automation frameworks for development, test, integration, and deployment at both the hardware and software levels; advanced data collection and analysis pipelines; and operational monitoring of our global services and infrastructure.
Candidates should have experience with:
• Software engineering expertise in a designing, creating, deploying, and running a production cloud service.
* A deep understanding of distributed systems (pitfalls, scaling issues, residency, integrity) to include algorithms, data structures, data stores, and the use of database systems in these environments
• Haskell, or other typed functional programming languages including Scala or deep expertise with Java and the ability to learn new languages
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its related ecosystem (Docker, etc.) for application automation and monitoring or experience with similar ecosystems like Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Services, or OpenStack
• Exceptional problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills. Flexibility and enthusiasm for learning new programming languages, tools, and ideas.
* Three Years Experience in a cloud service environment
Strong candidates will also possess skills in one or more of the following areas:
• Experience with "real-time" sensor networks
• Strong numerical analysis skills
• Have launched a cloud service from scratch
• Experience developing open-source products and utilizing open-source development tools
Swift Navigation, Inc. was founded in 2012 to make GPS positioning technology more accurate and affordable. Its GPS and GNSS positioning products are available a fraction of the price of the competition and deliver 100 times better accuracy than the GPS in a cell phone. Swift Navigation’s technology benefits a multitude of industries and applications—including autonomous vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), precision agriculture, robotics, surveying and space. With its innovation and technology honored by Inc.’s 2016 and Forbes2017 30 Under 30 lists, Swift Navigation is enabling a world where fields farm themselves, drones fly safely and autonomous transportation can take you home.
We are located in San Francisco, close to public transportation and are well financed. Swift offers unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, 401(k), a casual office environment, hackathons and tech talks to push the professional growth of all or employees. Come join us!