Job Description / Skills Required
GoPro, Inc. is transforming the way people capture and share their lives. What began as an idea to help athletes self-document while engaged in sports has become a mobile storytelling solution that helps the world capture and share immersive content.”
GoPro offers a fun and fast-paced work environment with passionate and motivated people who have a drive to learn, innovate and succeed
Capture. Create. Share.
This is your life. Be a HERO.
What You Will Do
· Oversee supply chain issues from materials pipeline, risk buy, and delinquencies.
· Knowledgeable in global supply chain strategy that best support GoPro requirements of cost, quality, and flexibility.
· Capability to use metrics to measure supplier performance; and articulate ideas to drive continuous improvement.
· Engage in supplier agreement negotiation to help define supplier relationship that benefits GoPro business.
· Ability to identify issues and take initiative for process improvement
· Provide risk assessment relevant to materials planning and supply chain; to become a central supply chain voice for various planning, costing and scheduling decision made across GoPro operations.
· Achieve cost efficiency for GoPro products while assuring costed BOM accuracy across CM.
· Ability to work with finance and accounting for accruals on materials PPV, liability, expenses, and inventory exposures.
· Manage purchase price variance claims resulting from engineering changes, and component obsolescence or forecast variance. Provide value-add knowledge in negotiating cost reduction where necessary.
· Understand cost negotiation strategies relevant to procurement and logistics, importing and exporting to/from China.
· This person is the business voice responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating financial exposures and outlay as it relates to their product.
· Manage the communication of forecast, ensure availability of materials, particularly GoPro key-parts, to support production demand from ramp to sustaining. Initiate risk buy orders that cannot be supported by the CM.
· Strong planning mindset, understand the requirement to supply assurance, and capacity to output. Identify risks to demand upside/downturn and provide recommendation to mitigation.
· Responsible for Clear-to-build materials escalations and bring shortages to closure.
· Supply demand management from VMI to consigned components, providing inventory analysis to enable right decisions made.
· Ability to validate excess and obsolescence with the understanding of ECO, DCO, EOL, to mitigate GoPro liability.
· Conduct daily or weekly conference calls with ODM, CM & FATP sites to review material readiness.
Skills We’re Stoked About
· Demonstrate strong situational leadership, great interpersonal skills and enjoys being in cross-functional team environment
· Brilliant analytical professional, tenacious problem solver with excellent written and communication skills, ability to successfully work across multiple levels of the organization.
· Strengths in using Excel, Power Point, and Project or Gant Chart.
· Experience with using Arena or similar PLM system; understands BOM from grounds up such that as cost roll-up to subassemblies and assemblies to top-level Finished Good.
· Capable of working under stress, dealing with new everyday challenges.
Fully-stocked kitchen with snacks galore
Live it. Eat it. Love it. –Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro.
Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
Discounted employee stock purchase plan
Discretionary Time Off
12 weeks paid Parental Leave for new Moms and Dads
Medical, dental, and vision insurance –premiums are fully paid for employees
Life insurance and disability benefits
Employee commuter shuttles
GoPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.