Job Description / Skills Required
We’re making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We’re changing the way wholesalers and consumers connect with each other worldwide, and the change has barely started oh and did we mention, we’re also hiring!
We are seeking a Vendor Manager for Home & Garden category to fuel the growth of Groupon Goods in Spain, our online retail arm dedicated to featuring great deals on great products.
You would be responsible for sourcing cool and innovative products that our customers will love. This Buyer will source and procure products that we share with subscribers every day, and in turn provide a customizable way for brands to connect with a potentially new customer base. This buying role leverages the acumen and consumer-products expertise of traditional buyers.
· Source and solidify top-tier-brand relationships, in order to get products that consumers will love
· Manage current vendors and on-boading new local vendors to deliver the best experience to our customers
· Category management: selection to optimize sales and the customer experience. Focus in quality and research product landscape to keep current with industry trends and pricing dynamics in the consumer-product-goods space.
· Negotiate terms of sale, price point, and margin, asuring market competitiveness in the whole range and planning actions to avoid refunds from customers.
· Ability to influence and work well with other departments
· Possible travel (up to 5%) to trade shows and/or visiting local supplier facilities.
Desired Skills And Experience
· 3 years experience as Buyer/Vendor Manager with evidence of successful negotiation in competitive markets
· Experience displaying the ability to manage a category at both macro and micro level and an understating of the impact it has on the organization as a whole.
· Direct responsibility for P&L of multi million dollar categories
· Must be proficient in English as the official company language and Spanish
· Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite
· Must have a demonstrated business acumen
· Meticulous attention to detail with a proven track record of delivering results while juggling multiple projects
· Examples of having met weekly deadlines with moving targets with an understanding of the impact it has to category P&L
· Evidence of maintaining focus in a whirlwind of change
· Proof of business-polished written and verbal communication
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.