Job Description / Skills Required
We invite you to be a part of a stellar, dynamic team of Groupon Bangalore and build world class products. Is your passion driving and delivering large scale cross-team projects? Are you equally comfortable digging in to business requirements as drilling into architecture with development teams?This role will require you to own the end to end execution of key initiatives across Groupon.This role would require you to work with product management team to define strategy and requirements, and leading cross functional development teams from design through delivery. You will be accountable for driving the entire product lifecycle, from product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and production launch. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, agile project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
· Own the success of key Software releases at Groupon. Be the credible and trusted leader to deliver these SW releases to customers on plan and with high quality
· Drive the planning and execution of releases from concept to production. Co-ordinate the efforts of a diverse team of Product Managers, Engineering, QE and other functional teams to deliver throughout all the release phases.
· Build and run, with the team, the release master plan (schedule, dependencies, risks, etc.). Use your technical background and product knowledge to proactively identify risks, issues and drive their resolution.
· Independently and accurately report on the state of your release to executive stakeholders. Be the trusted point of contact on the state of the project during key management checkpoint reviews.
· Coach other Program Managers to maintain consistently high standards of communication, productivity and teamwork across all Program Managers
· Work with the engineering team to identify and remove cross product roadblocks early in planning phase itself
· Make constant assessment of feature pipeline, work done and work quality to support decision making on release delivery schedule.
· You should have experience in defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets as well as analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
· Knowledge of the following is required service-oriented architecture, product development (including Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services), build processes, agile project management, release schedules.
· The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of relevant work experience in technical product management in a software applications environment. An undergraduate degree in software-product management, computer science, or equivalent experience is required.
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· 5+ years of coding experience
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· Experience managing projects in a distributed environment and/or developing large scale web applications
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· Experience with Excel/Google sheets/MPP etc
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.