Job Description / Skills Required
The Account Manager will be responsible for answering inbound merchant questions and inquiries from a phone queue. These merchants will be reaching out to Groupon through a centralized Groupon phone number.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
Major areas of responsibility include:
· High level of utilization on the inbound phone queue answering merchant inquiries and questions
· Drive merchant loyalty and retention through exceptional service levels
· Execute post-sale merchant communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on merchant deliverables
· Ensure any client issues are resolved in a timely manner
· Closing/selling of new business and up-selling opportunity to existing businesses
Other Essential Job Functions:
· Logged into the queue 90% of the day.
· Reading documents, detailed work, problem solving, math skills, reasoning skills, oral communication, written communication, customer contact, ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to merchants and other employees, multiple concurrent tasks
· Use telephone at least 5.5 hours per day, regularly send emails using a keyboard, sit or stand at desk for 8 hours per day, work in an open work environment.
Qualifications and Job Requirements:
· Entry level position – ideal candidate comes from Groupon; from Customer Service, or Inbound; has a good baseline understanding of how deal factory works (Salesforce, editorial, deal estate, deal prep); reliable (attendance); organizational skills; must be able to sell — competitive, drive; high activity/productivity; must take direction and be coachable
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proven customer service, analytical and problem solving skills
· Strong attention to detail and proven ability to multi-task
· Solid decision-making skills, customer-focused instincts and sound judgment
· Intellectual agility and creativity to respond to changing demands and create new solutions
· Strong negotiation and relationship building skills with a high degree of professionalism and poise
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· A commitment to exceptional service and delivery
· Salesforce or other CRM experience preferred
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.