Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres and the telecommunications industry. Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
To support our continued growth, we are recruiting for a Product Engineer, reporting to the Product & Yield Development Manager. In this role, based in Livingston, you will be responsible for delivering an effective test function to support the volume manufacture of leading edge optical and opto-electronic products.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Technical Owner of Products. Developing product through design and implementation of design changes
• Aid in establishing suitable testing procedures and specifications of final product
• Drive and Deliver Reduction in Product Manufacturing costs, through yield improvement and continuous quality improvements
• Work individually as well as in teams to quickly resolve product issues
• Problem Solving and Data Analysis to support Product Development and Production
• Develop, Plan and implement product improvement projects
• Work closely with other business functions as part of cost reduction. Qualify cost reduced supplier parts ensuring quality of product by in depth data analysis of all relevant parameters and processes
• Test finished product for quality purposes and recommend changes to product specifications as necessary
• JMP, Mini-tab, Microsoft Office
• High volume technical manufacturing experience
• SPC, Six Sigma, Lean experience preferred
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong Team Player
• Effective Time Management
• Understanding in Engineering Manufacturing Principles
• Optics, Opto-electronics
• Python, C, C++
• Self-starter, with ability to learn new skills and provide solutions quickly
• Ability to work individually with limited oversight, or effectively in a mixed team
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary (based on experience), life cover, pension, cycle to work scheme and generous holidays.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?
Location: Livingston, Scotland