Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam’s operations in the UK began in 2013 when the company purchased the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. Since then, the company has developed and expanded its network and customer base on an international level.
Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres.
Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
With major investment in our site and products we are now looking to make the key hire of a Shift Process Test Technician. Reporting to the Supervisor, your role will include but not be limited to:-
Supporting Production and Engineering in TOSA/ROSA by reducing equipment down time to achieve targets and on time delivery of product.
• First point of contact for process or equipment issues to maintain production test output
• Ensure that the test area is effective by looking after test equipment such as DC, RF, overload, etc.
• Monitor and improve equipment and process performance to prevent problems, proactively where possible; provide suggestions for improvements
• Investigate product issues, with quick feedback to Engineering/Supervisors
• Assist with engineering tests and experiments and provide reports
• Provide clear and accurate feedback to engineering / shift management with regards to investigative findings. Provide detailed end of shift report
• Conduct all routine daily/weekly/monthly tasks as required
• Ensure good work practice is followed, e.g. ESD compliance, fibre cleaning, parts handling, etc.
• Conduct disposition of NCRs (non-conforming material) to help with output
• Providing training or backup to production operators if/when required
• Aid in achieving throughput and targets
• Work as part of a team, attend meetings where required, and liaise with other departments, e.g. facilities
Experience / Qualifications / Personal Qualities:
• 1-2-year experience of working in a high technology manufacturing operation, preferably within the assembly and/or test disciplines
• Knowledge of at least one of die bonding/wire bonding/burn-in or product test
• Good trouble shooting techniques with a desire to make improvements
• Experience with computers (Excel, Word, and specific Manufacturing software)
• Ideally educated to ONC/HND level in an engineering discipline
• Enjoys the challenge of working to deadlines to achieve defined targets
• Willingness to adopt a flexible approach