Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam’s operations in the UK began in 2013 when the company purchased the state-of-the-art manufacturing facility. Since then, the company has developed and expanded its network and customer base on an international level.
Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres. Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
With major investment in our site and products we are now looking to hire Shift Leaders for our expanding production team. You will be required to support the Supervisors and Production Manager by taking day to day responsibility in leading, coordinating and motivating a team of operators and technicians. Working continental shifts the Shift Leader will ensure that the group is working efficiently and in unity.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Guide, direct, co-ordinate and motivate Operators and Technicians on shift to achieve production targets.
• Complete daily/weekly production reports and supply to management in absence of Shift Manager.
• Ensure production output sheet is up to date in absence of Shift Manager.
• Identify training requirements, highlighting any issues to Shift Manager.
• Organise shift set up for production operators, ensure targets and equipment set up is clear and concise.
• Ensure that all work carried out on shift is conducted in a safe manner and that relevant safety precautions are followed.
• Ensure the operators are trained and aware of quality procedures and work instructions.
• Management of the teams for HR/training related issues.
• Cover for Shift Manager during holidays or absence.
Location: Livingston, Scotland