Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres and the telecommunications industry. Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
To support our continued growth, we are recruiting for a Reliability Engineer, reporting to the Research and Development Manager. In the role of Reliability Engineer, based in the R&D department at Livingston, you will be responsible for the qualification of new optical transceiver products and monitoring the reliability of existing products in addition to the characterisation and improvement of product life time.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working with the design and manufacturing teams to develop & implement qualification programmes for new products and improve existing products
• Taking ownership of accelerated life tests; to include test setup/design, scheduling, data analysis and final report
• Management of ongoing reliability programmes
• Efficient and timely scheduling of reliability testing
• Coordinating resources and test time to fit with the needs of production
• Taking a key technical role in the RMA process to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and continuous improvement
• BSc. (with industrial experience), MSc/MEng or PhD in Electronic Engineering or Applied Physics
• Knowledge of optics, electronics, semiconductor lasers and materials science
• Strong data analysis skills
• Ability to work with databases
• Strong failure analysis skills
• The ability to communicate complex data both orally and in written form
• Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office packages
• Programming (Python, MATLAB) preferred
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary (based on experience), life cover, pension, cycle to work scheme and generous holidays.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?
Location: Livingston, Scotland