Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres and the telecommunications industry. Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
In this role, based in Livingston, you will be responsible for designing the dense PCB assembly within high speed optoelectronic transceivers. This will consist of design, development and prototyping leading edge products, and ultimately seeing them through to successful mass manufacture as part of the wider team. In addition, you will be responsible for custom in-house PCBs to support manufacture and test requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design high speed, multilayer PCBs for optical transceivers
• Offer design for manufacture advice at all stages of development
• Carry out schematic capture alongside engineers
• Perform post processing and Gerber generation
• Maintain component library
• Liaise with PCB manufacturers and PCB Assembly companies
• Qualification in Electrical Engineering (and data communications experience desirable)
• Industry experience of one or more of the following EDA tools:
• Cadence (preferred)
• Mentor Graphics
• Design experience of high speed, multilayer PCBs
• Understanding of Signal Integrity & EMC concepts.
• Design for Manufacture (DfM)
• Understanding of transmission line concepts
• Familiarity with laminates, prepregs & ceramics
• Familiarity with PCB surface finishes
• Knowledge of surface mount PCB assembly including fine-pitched components, BGAs, small passives
• Experience of Analog & Digital design
• Production manufacturing experience
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary (based on experience), life cover, pension, cycle to work scheme and generous holidays.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?