Job Description / Skills Required
About the Position
Based in West Lothian, Kaiam is an emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres and the telecommunications industry. Founded by leading technologists from the optical networking industry, the team has a track record of delivering breakthrough approaches that change the rules of the marketplace.
To support our continued growth, we are recruiting for a Firmware/Software Engineer, reporting to the Product Development Manager. In this role, based in Livingston, you will be working on the design and implementation of embedded software for optical transceivers. Other responsibilities will include design, development and debugging of system test software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and implement embedded software for optical transceivers
• Design, develop and debug system test software
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Provide production and customer support
• Provide customisation
• BSc in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (and data communications experience desirable)
• Solid programming experience in C, C++
• Instrumentation control protocols: TCP/IP, GPIB, I2C
• Experience with product test automation.
• Database familiarity: SQL, XML, MongoDB
• Adequate knowledge of reading circuit schematics
• Familiarity with software version & defect tracking tools
• Experience of Analog & Digital design
• Production manufacturing experience
In exchange, we offer a competitive salary (based on experience), life cover, pension, cycle to work scheme and generous holidays.
Kaiam always strives for excellence so if you can bring us relevant qualifications and experience to help us achieve this then we would like to hear from you. We are looking for employees with talent and potential, so if you’re upbeat and motivated why not join us and be part of something exceptional?
Location: Livingston, Scotland