Who we are
Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, Four Rivers, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team is headquartered in the SF Bay Area with additional hubs in London, Indianapolis, Washington DC, Berlin, and Dublin
What you’ll do
Lilt is looking to grow our Account Development Team Lead to help us manage the ever-growing demand for our platform and to drive new customer acquisition.
The ADR Lead role holds an important position at the top of the funnel for the entire company. Our successful ADRs are the pipeline that feeds our sales organization.
As the leader of this organization, you’ll have a track record of top performance leading a team that consistently exceeds quota, the ability to teach others how to tailor and personalize messages to specific audiences, and a strong interest in building a company.
This position will be based out of our Indianapolis office. You’ll work in a hybrid capacity, with 1-2 days expected in-office per week.
Key responsibilities include:
- Guiding the efforts of the team to build top-of-funnel sales opportunities for the sales team from a curated list of qualified business prospects through highly targeted and personalized messaging
- Hiring, onboarding, training, and mentoring a highly effective team of motivated ADRs
- Setting clear expectations and hitting team pipeline goals
- Leading an account development function that blends highly personalized email writing with experience implementing other core functions such as cold/warm calling and LinkedIn outreach. Absolutely no spray-and-pray.
- Fostering a culture of experimentation and teamwork
- Documenting processes and motions to create sustainable programs
- Reporting success at the team, individual, and channel level
- Strategizing with top-producing Account Executives to expand existing accounts
- Collaborating closely with our sales and executive team to ensure success down-funnel and better inform lead generation activities based on deals won and lost
Successful candidates will have:
- 1-2 years experience leading an account/business development team, preferably targeting High-Growth (Mid-Market) and Enterprise companies.
- A proven track record of hitting quota as an IC and as a manager.
- Experience leading outbound efforts that blend personalized email writing with calls and other forms of outreach
- Previous experience in a business development function – you have done the role and can walk the talk
- A true passion for the solution we are building and a good working knowledge of the complexities of positioning services.
- High EQ — you understand what motivates people.
- Extremely strong writing skills and experience using this talent to persuade others.
- Accountability and consistency in driving teams to hit activity and quota metrics.
- Articulate with strong business acumen.
- (Bonus) Basic comfort working with sales tools (e.g. Salesforce and high-end email automation toolsets such as Outreach).
- (Bonus) You're multilingual.
What we offer
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Company sponsored perks through the Fringe platform. Get perks like Rover, gym reimbursement, airline miles, etc.
- Professional development: Buy some books. Attend a conference. Take a class. Whatever you feel will help you do your best work!
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.