Swift Navigation is hiring! Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding Accounting Manager responsible for accounting functions that include full-cycle month-end close, accounts receivable and payable, payroll, and tax compliance. This includes assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting, managing the organization's cash, and helping manage external audits. The Manager will play a key role in developing and establishing policies and procedures for the accounting team.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. You seek to understand business drivers and KPIs. You are the ultimate team player who is able to collaborate and build effective relationships throughout the company. You are curious, take initiative, have a bias for action and possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Wear all hats related to accounting/manage day-to-day accounting operations
- Develop and improve accounting processes and internal controls
- Prepare monthly Journal Entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare monthly financial statements and qualitative reports on company performance
- Prepare Customer Invoices and Manage Accounts Receivable Balance
- Manage annual tax filings, sales tax compliance, financial audits, and 409a valuation
- Build relationships at all levels of the organization
- 5+ years managing accounting and financial operations.
- Technology / SaaS and high-growth start-up experience preferred
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Solid NetSuite experience a plus
- Excellent Excel skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Tax and audit experience
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Superb communication skills, both written & interpersonal
- Passionate desire to learn & for continuous improvement
- Ultimate team player with excellent communication skills; can establish credibility, build consensus, and partner cross-functionally without direct authority
- A flexible work environment includes work-from-home days each week.
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary and benefits packages, stock options.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49