- Flexible (Bucharest) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
GoPro is looking for an experienced, talented, and passionate candidate for the hands-on role of Agile Project Manager to join our GoPro.com team, based in our Bucharest, Romania software development office. This position is responsible for working closely with a team encompassing disciplines across international locations driving definition, execution and delivery of multiple concurrent Ecommerce and web solutions that inspire, captivate, and convert users into customers. We need a professional with a keen interest in planning, scheduling, coordinating and managing all aspects of project development, employing Agile processes that best serve our teams and our organization.
What You Will Do
- Function as the Scrum Master for Ecommerce teams on multiple projects, maintaining knowledge of all team member’s work responsibilities, ensuring the team is on track and supporting and escalating as needed to mitigate issues
- Define and manage best practices for Agile Project Management, including an effective system of project governance
- Conduct training sessions for team members on Agile methods and processes
- Coordinate planning for GoPro.com Ecommerce and web projects across Product Management, Design, Development, QA, and IT, to create project plans and schedules with regular and timely delivery of value
- Measure and report Scrum KPIs for optimizing team efficiencies, and ensuring a sustainable pace with high levels of quality
- Ensure that handoffs between teams are never dropped, and are transferred with clear responsibilities, ownership, and delivery expectations
- Manage risk by proactively driving team members to identify and unblock issues, track and resolve cross-team dependencies
- Act as the development safety-net for cross-functional teams: identifying and owning all new problems and roadblocks across teams as they arise, and triaging each issue appropriately until the proper owner is identified
- Drive effective and efficient communication with the delivery of continuous, informed and transparent updates both internally and organization-wide to ensure stakeholders are aware of ongoing projects and statuses
Skills We’re Excited About
- 5+ years working in the IT field, Ecommerce, website or software development fields, with at least 4 years successful track record leading the planning, execution and delivery of complex, cross-functional technical deadline-driven projects
- Solid understanding of software development and processes, with strong knowledge of both Agile and project management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in order to meet project and business objectives
- Track record for being hands on and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to bootstrap new initiatives with minimal guidance, self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Experience as Scrum Master overseeing multi-function teams with 10-15 team members, including Product Owners, Designers, Developers, QA and other technical personnel
- Track record in building relationships, communicating business strategy, and operating in the context of the big picture
- Expertise in partnering with users, first and second-party technical teams, and senior/executive stakeholders to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization
- Excellent English verbal, written and presentation skills, with ability to communicate complex ideas in easy-to-digest ways, bridge gaps and build understanding with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Experience using resource/project management tools in a work environment such as Jira, Confluence (wiki), Google Sheets/Excel, Smartsheet, etc.
- BA degree
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro;
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included);
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Gym fee compensation / LiveHealthy Wellness Program;
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage;
- Life insurance and disability benefits;
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning;
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.