Uhnder is the leader in digital imaging radar technologies for automotive and next-generation mobility applications. Based on Digital Code Modulation (DCM), Uhnder's fully software-defined radar-on-chip (RoC) and sensor modules enable highest-resolution digital perception for ADAS, AV, and logistics automation systems. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder is the only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and systems.
As a Radar Application Engineer (f/m), you will join a team of mixed-signal and RFIC experts to develop the next generation of electronics surrounding us and impacting us in our everyday lives.
- Work with customers, field sales team, applications engineers, system engineers and design engineers to enable and technically support customer projects
- Work closely with field applications, sales, and engineering groups to align customer requirements and use-cases to internal documentation, demo, and development activities
- Cooperate with designers, field-application engineers and other product definers to clarify specifications and to support customers
- Support of all technical aspects of radar sensor hardware and software, PCB, antenna, housing, mechanical and thermal management.
- Support evaluation of sensors prior to production with test and data analysis
- Drive application activity and planning for conferences, webinars, and website
- Track industry trends, innovations and identify new related opportunities
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in electrical or computer engineering or technology; MS preferred, 3+ years experience
- Experience in related fields such as automotive, industrial, consumer high-GHz applications, basic design experience and corresponding tools
- Experience in requirements management specifications e.g. doors, Jama and compliance matrices
- Experience in digital signal processing, software tools
- Proficiency with written and verbal communication skills, having been effective in assignments that cross territorial and cultural boundaries
- General experience in all automotive safety and security aspects, including sensor fusion and sensor networks
- Knowledge of and experience with automotive radar sensors or communications systems
- Programming knowledge in C/C++, Python
- Experience in real-time, embedded, performance-critical, applications (e.g. automotive, communications, etc.)
- Experience with process and documentation requirements of ASPICE, AEC-Q100/AEC-Q104 qualification and ISO-26262 / IEC-61508 functional safety standards
- Proficiency with RF test methods, especially radar up to 120 GHz would be beneficial
- Experience developing demos and proof of concepts