On this team you are going to be responsible for validating products, prototypes, and proof of concepts to meet performance requirements. This is much more than testing as our team regularly tunes the design and runs the fabrication process either in house or outsourced and finishes with clear discussion about the performance and how it can fit into our products.
The person in this role will be responsible for testing upcoming products and early prototypes for both mechanical and thermal performance using standardized and custom test set ups. This responsibility will at times encompass the entire process from fabrication through testing and finishing with analysis for what the findings actually mean to our users.
We are seeking an energetic and driven individual with strong problem solving skills. This person will excel with identifying and improving errors or inefficiencies in the overall testing process. Additionally, the person will be confident with hands on responsibilities for fabrication and testing. An engineering background or previous experience will help this person summarize the findings in a meaningful way for end users.
What You Will Do
- Execute thermal and mechanical testing for upcoming products and prototypes
- Perform analysis of the results and create summaries
- Improve test set ups and data analysis to ensure accurate and efficient data
- Assist in fabrication (or other preparation/measurement) of samples for testing
- Keep labs, test stations, and fabrication areas tidy and optimized
Skills We’re Excited About
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent life experience).
- Strong problem solving mindset for both engineering and practical problems.
- Hands on experience with test equipment and general shop tools (experience with machine tools is a plus).
- Hands on experience taking products/things apart and reassembling (ideally successfully)
Bonus Points For
- Familiarity with basic thermal engineering principles and thermal measurement methods
- Ability to debug and analyze basic electrical circuits
- Experience in outdoor electronics or sports equipment industry
- Knowledge with metrology
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $93,925 – $127,075. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.