Arrcus was founded to enrich human experiences by interconnecting people, machines, and data. The Arrcus team comprises world-class technologists with an unparalleled record in shipping industry-leading networking products, complemented by industry thought leaders, operating executives, and Tier One VCs.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is a senior member of a team with a wide range of experience in infrastructure with solid knowledge about all crucial parts of IT infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, data centers, cloud platforms, operating systems, databases, and other enterprise-grade technologies.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer closely works with IT Infrastructure & Software architects on the definition of new standards and architecture, proactively monitors the environment, and is engaged in the resolution of critical incidents and complex changes.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer can work independently in a team without supervision, communicate with 3rd parties and manage and organize small deliveries.
- Design, implement and support the engineering and lab infrastructure which includes on-prem gear, a co-location facility as well a presence in the public cloud.
- Collaborate with the global Engineering and Customer Engineering teams to plan for growth in the infra footprint to allow for company growth
Day to Day Tasks include but are not limited to:
- New user onboarding.
- Create VMs on oVirt
- Support engineers with Linux, NFS, virtualization & networking.
- Work with engineers to build network topologies in the lab.
- Set up machines on DMZ and open up ports on firewalls, setting up NAT.
- Troubleshoot DHCP issues
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (or similar).
- An experience of at least 8 years in infrastructure management in startup and mid-size companies.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS), DNS, DHCP, NFS, virtualization (oVirt, VMWare), networking.
- Familiarity with firewalls.
- Familiarity with managing public cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP) preferred
- Prior work experience in a startup or venture-backed company is a big plus.
Investors and Funding:
Arrcus has raised over $125M in funding from top tier Venture Capital firms(VCs) such as Prosperity7 Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, General Catalyst, and Clear Ventures as well as strategic investors such as Liberty Global, SoftBank Corp, and Samsung Next.
For more information, go to www.arrcus.com or follow @arrcusinc
At Arrcus, we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer – We realize the key to creating a company with a world-class culture and employee experience comes from who we hire and creating a workplace that celebrates everyone.
A strong belief of cultural addition will propel us forward, together. With this, we consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, sex, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, HIV status, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status or any other legally protected category.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, benefits, compensation and training.