Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is changing the way we navigate and understand the world. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Now a little more about what you could be doing as part of our team and contributing to Swift’s mission and vision. As a Business Development Manager, New Markets on the team you will be responsible for developing and growing new product categories and offerings. New product categories and offerings are a crucial part of Swift’s growth strategy to penetrate and win pinpoint positioning applications for autonomous vehicles, last-mile delivery, urban personal transport, and industrial applications like rail, construction and precision agriculture. The role involves continuous Innovation Development and Business Development, identifying new business and market opportunities that grow business for Swift, our Clients and Partners.
- Be the company’s leader and champion for developing new product categories and offerings within the global GNSS market that grow business for Swift and our Partners.
- Develop and implement the strategy for new products, offerings and channels; partner with product, marketing, sales, and engineering leaders to develop go-to-market strategies to win new business.
- Validate new technologies and business models through Proof of Concepts and/or Minimum Viable Products (MVP). Work closely with product, sales and engineering to develop MVP.
- Define and communicate the product category vision, including maintaining a clear go-to-market roadmap aligned to business goals in the short- and long-term.
- Develop global market segment strategy incl. tracking of trends, customer needs, regulations and technological advancements to identify short- and long-term business opportunities.
- Drive business cases and develop, evaluate and drive new business models.
- Drive innovation agenda and ensure incorporation of insights from all relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate and further enhance the innovation management such as the execution of the new innovation process and the implementation of new innovation frameworks.
- Identify innovative, concrete solutions, products, applications and processes to drive our business growth.
- Manage the innovation funnel accordingly, be an internal incubator and accelerator for innovative ideas and propositions.
- Collaborate closely with our sales, product, marketing and engineering organizations and our partner network to establish an ecosystem of innovation for GNSS solutions.
- Observe market developments & trends within the GNSS industry and conduct competitive analysis.
- Set-up and conduct workshops with key stakeholders to gain the right insights within the innovation evaluation pre-phase.
- You build the necessary knowledge and strategic relations to deeply understand our customer needs, market – and technology drivers, with a key focus on the GNSS market.
- Based on those insights you pro-actively spot opportunities and build (new) value propositions in co-creation with our customers and key-partners.
- Manage the transition of new business from concept to production incl. handover to our business units.
- Prospect, engage and close contracts with lead customers to prove new products and offerings. Contracts often will include licensing and royalty-bearing components, may include reseller terms, and will always include technical and marketing elements.
- Be a constant source of advice, expertise and coaching for all team members and sales colleagues, such that they see you as the go-to person for business development initiatives and market insights
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide variety of inbound contracts, including NDAs, statements of work, software IP licenses and cloud services agreements.
- Coach, mentor and develop Swift team members as required to achieve new business development objectives and ensure team motivation.
- Work efficiently with all functions of Swift Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Operations. Synchronize planning and business development with product and sales team colleagues, and champion productive teamwork and alignment of purpose.
- Actively participate in selected industry functions, such as association events, trade shows and conferences and provide feedback and information on market and competitive trends.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis to meet Swift’s objectives.
- A demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and grow business relationships successfully, with an emphasis on sales and partner processes.
- Proven and verifiable success closing revenue bearing contracts with strategic Partners or Customers in network, silicon, IP, software or SaaS in the telecommunication, semiconductor, module or IP industries.
- Able to develop, negotiate and close complex royalty, revenue share-based or subscription agreements.
- Working with marketing and product teams, proven ability to draft product launch plans with partnerships and see through to completion with material and measurable success.
- Able to credibly represent Swift and its technologies to Partners and Customers, and to understand the Customer’s issues, needs and motivations.
- Able to credibly represent the Partner’s requirements to Swift and to motivate Swift to meet these requirements.
- Able to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus and drive decisions.
- Good communication and presentation skills in English, and able to present to many levels — executive, management and engineering (both to Partners and within Swift).
- 5+ years business development, consulting or sales experience with a successful track record in highly technical software and services business in Telecommunications, IP, Silicon, Enterprise Software or SaaS markets.
- BS/BA degree required (preferably, EE, Computer Science or similar technical degree) from an accredited four-year college or university. MBA a plus.
- Basic technical knowledge of how GNSS/GPS works, client/server architectures, web and client applications, embedded operating systems and networking topologies.
- Dynamic, self-starting individual who can drive and reliably maintain regular contact with the extended Swift team.
- Startup mentality; proven problem-solving ability; success in dealing with ambiguity.
- Highly motivated, tenacious and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills: communicative (written and verbal), organized and entrepreneurial.
- Partner-focused and Partner-sensitive; able to motivate team members and co-workers; able to 50%influence positively; flexible and hard-working.
- Outgoing and skilled at building relationships and developing effective internal and external Partnerships.
- Capable of working as a team member or independently, as required.
- Able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level, as required.
- A passion for continuous learning.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic, hypergrowth environment with evolving and expanding responsibilities.
- Willing to travel as needed to win partnerships and business, up to 40% during peak times.
- Native or excellent English language skills (reading, writing, speaking, listening).
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49