Location: Flexible (Bucharest) – This role requires proximity to an office location with the flexibility to work from home.
The person in this role will be responsible for building tools using infrastructure-as-code and operating large production services at scale, while enabling continuous integration and deployment of code into GoPro’s cloud environment.
Cloud infrastructure engineers at GoPro use their in-depth knowledge of software methodologies to develop software tools and automation frameworks that enable the cloud engineering team to effectively deliver meaningful software efficiently. Cloud infrastructure engineers operate at the intersection of software development and systems engineering to solve operational problems and engineer solutions to design, build, and run large-scale distributed systems scalable, reliably, and efficiently.
You will be tasked with collaborating with engineers to identify and resolve bottlenecks and complexities in infrastructure provisioning, deployment pipelines, and observability. Success is measured by the level of autonomy, security and increased throughput afforded to the engineering organization.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with development teams working on GoPro’s mobile apps, web services, and online shop
- Write and maintain infrastructure-as-code for AWS (we use Terraform, Helm, and Puppet)
- Configure, troubleshoot, and optimize systems built with ECS, EKS, Lambda, RDS, VPC, S3, Cloudfront, API Gateway, ALB, and more.
- Proactively monitor performance and stability of our cloud platform serving a global GoPro consumer base
- Develop automated solutions to ensure the security of our infrastructure and our user’s content
- Automate Kubernetes deployment workflows and operations tasks using Helm, CircleCI, and ArgoCD
- Participate in an on-call rotation shared with our American colleagues in a follow-the-sun model
- Collaborate broadly within GoPro to develop cloud-native solutions to diverse business problems
Skills We’re Excited About
- 4+ years working in AWS to develop and operate customer-facing applications with significant scale
- 2+ years using Infrastructure-as-Code tools like Terraform
- Experience managing container-based workloads at a significant scale on Amazon ECS and Kubernetes
- Competent in one or more programming languages such as Bash, Python
- Proficiency in using Git, GitHub Actions, Artifactory, ArgoCD, Terraform, Jenkins and software integration tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication and a collaborative approach. This is a team-player role.
- Solid Linux system administration, troubleshooting and performance analysis skills
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Gym fee compensation
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.