Swift Navigation is hiring. Let us introduce ourselves. Swift is building a safer and more efficient future by changing the way we navigate and understand every centimeter of our planet. Swift’s precise positioning technology platform improves location accuracy from several meters to centimeter-level and is used by millions of devices across the globe. Swift’s technology is trusted by users across industries, enabling safer driving, improving efficiency for last-mile delivery and commercial transport operations, increasing accuracy for mobile devices and creating new possibilities for rail, robotics and machine control. That’s what we offer our customers and partners, but it’s the work we do together as a team that is the best part of our days. We collaborate—across the globe—to tackle problems, to pursue our mission and to make a real impact in the world. We are diverse, flexible, supportive and we believe our team is our most important asset and offer a host of benefits and programs to ensure that they know it.
Now a little more about what you could be doing as part of our team and contributing to Swift’s mission and vision. As an Cloud Operations Engineer you have the responsibility as a Global NOC Team member to monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve issues that affect the availability and quality of the Swift Skylark Platform. This is an integral part of Swift’s Service Operations organization that owns the observability, manageability and reliability required to provide Swift’s Skylark Precise Positioning Service with crucial GNSS satellite observations to customers and partners globally.
- Perform proactive daily monitoring of our services including reviewing system and applications logs and manage Incident life cycle (Detection, Identification, Notification, Repair/Isolation, Escalation, Resolution and Reporting) to ensure quick turnaround in service restoration
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted stakeholders and partners, escalating where appropriate
- Work closely with the engineering teams helping to build, maintain and extend the Swift Platform services. Contribute in new and ongoing technology projects; Performance, High Availability and Scalability
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues across the entire stack – CORS network, AWS & Kubernetes environment and Skylark Platform
- Troubleshoot critical problems through applications, systems, clouds, and networks
- Spring into action during customer-impacting events and lead a team to quickly solve the problem
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes/Public Cloud experience – AWS
- Experience working in virtualized environments and cloud implementations
- Solid understanding of Networking, DNS and OS/Systems, and full-stack layers
- Incident management in a large scale, high uptime environment
- Strong sense of ownership, drive and an obsessive attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated scripting ability. Familiarity with Bash, JSON, Python, Terraform and other scripting tools is strongly recommended.
- Create and maintain documentation for functional areas of responsibility including play books for other staff members of the NOC team.
- Must be able read, write and speak fluent English and Standard Chinese (Mandarin)
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience with monitoring, incident response, postmortem, change management and other aspects of running a reliable cloud-based system
- Infrastructure as Code skills, ideally with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Ability to write high quality code in Python, Golang, or equivalent languages
- Knowledge of cloud providers, ideally AWS
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Some experience Prometheus/Grafana is a plus
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49