Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Toast Market Insights team is responsible for understanding the restaurant technology market and competitive landscape and bringing to life the value, differentiation, and proof points of our offering. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that will offer substantial exposure to many different departments and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value at a hyper growth company.
In this role, you will become the expert on the restaurant technology competitive landscape and our competition. You will be responsible for conducting quantitative and qualitative competitive research and analysis. This analysis will inform both key strategic decision making as well as enable the sales team to be fluent in key competitive moves. The ideal candidate can thrive in becoming an expert in a rapidly changing environment and has experience uncovering and synthesizing competitive insights.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Conduct research and analysis on our competitors’ product and GTM strategy to influence strategic decisions across product, product marketing, sales, and more
- Develop a deep understanding of our competitors – tear down public statements and financials, do interviews, and get the on-the-ground truth
- Partner with the Market Insights leadership to establish regular reporting cadence on latest competitive developments, insights, and recommendations to leadership
- Leverage competitive intelligence insights to build assets for sales reps (e.g., battlecards) and lead sales training
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in a diverse environment that can span product marketing, product management, strategy consulting, or operational roles
- Highly collaborative mindset; experience working cross-functionally to drive results in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research and the ability to synthesize them together to inform strategic decision making
- Strong writer, presenter, and verbal communicator; ability to build strong, compelling storylines and recommendations that are deeply evidenced in both quantitative and qualitative research to move leadership to action
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple project timelines, internal partners, external partners, and deadlines
Special sauce (Nonessential Requirements):
- CI experience
- Familiarity with Crayon, Salesforce, Looker, and SQL a plus
- Interest and passion for restaurants, tech, and hospitality
- Enthusiasm, and a willingness to explore, grow, and learn
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Thrives when multitasking
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.