Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Enterprise Risk and Compliance Management Program provides a coordinated, company-wide approach to identify, measure, monitor, mitigate and treat risks, while enabling the business to innovate and deliver quality products and solutions to serve our customers.
Toast, Inc. seeks a vibrant and seasoned financial services compliance professional to lead the Fintech line of business compliance management program for cards, loans and leases to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulation and partner relationships.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Support the Fintech business in the adoption of enterprise risk and compliance framework of policies, testing, training, and reporting.
- Support the execution of risk assessments for business and product areas, analyze gaps identified and recommend remediation actions for risk gaps.
- Facilitate and provide oversight over the development of Fintech compliance policies and development and completion of compliance training.
- Monitor and maintain awareness of regulatory changes relative to the Fintech products and services and work; support the Regulatory Change Program Manager in efforts to achieve compliance with regulatory changes within Fintech.
- Serve on relevant committees; escalate compliance risks, gaps, and observed issues to relevant committees and persons, including the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings (including with strategic internal and external program partners, e.g. bank partners; product teams, other business areas, etc.) to ensure regulatory and risk issues are properly identified and managed in new and existing product and services.
- Collaborate with the Global Testing Program Manager to develop an internal testing program that examines business line processes and systems on a recurring basis to ensure proper controls are in place and compliance requirements are met, and to identify instances of legal and/or regulatory violations. Report internal testing results as appropriate, including any identified observations, and assist in risk acceptance or remediation.
- Support the identification of issues (including those identified internally or through third party audits/exams and reviews) and track the remediation of those issues. Follow up on remediation where required and provide regular updates to the Chief Compliance Officer and other compliance team members (where there is cross-functional impact).
- Evaluate new and existing product releases and enhancements to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Provide technical requirements, as needed.
- Provide strategic compliance guidance for Fintech.
- Knowledge of money transmitter processes and regulations is a plus.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least seven (7) years of experience in a compliance, audit, or testing role at a fintech, bank, auditing, or consulting firm.
- Strong familiarity with laws and regulations related to payments, cards, loans, credit, consumer, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulatory language, synthesize, and articulate in an easily digestible manner.
- Strong critical and analytical thinking, decision making, and innovative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Leader with ability to drive action and build consensus among cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in challenging and changing situations, comfortable dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Detail oriented with the ability to meet firm deadlines.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.