AICrete is a venture-backed startup focused on unlocking automation and machine learning in the concrete and construction industry. At AICrete, we are combining data, automation, and cutting-edge machine learning with a firm understanding of concrete materials science to enable concrete producers and contractors to make cost-effective, durable, and sustainable concrete quickly, efficiently, and with minimal risk. Our mission is to double profitability of ready-mix and precast concrete producers and reduce their CO2 emissions by up to 35%.
We are looking for a Computer Vision and Data Engineer to join our fast-growing team. You'll be responsible for the full product development life cycle, from conception to deployment. The ideal candidate will be residing in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate. This is a hybrid position (in-person as needed and remote the rest of the time).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with data scientists, research engineers, and software engineers to develop and execute data gathering efforts.
- Researching, designing, implementing, and prototyping advanced image analysis techniques and solutions using computer vision and deep learning.
- Work with other groups from across the company to deliver the highest level of technology to customers.
- Work with other engineers to think through software solutions.
- Solid foundation in computer vision, image analysis and processing, and imaging technologies.
- Deep understanding of machine learning and computer vision technologies and experience in turning them into practical, state-of-the-art solutions and systems.
- Solid Python and system-building skills.
- Passionate about cutting-edge computer vision and machine learning technologies and product delivery.
- Self-motivated, detailed-oriented, organizational and problem-solving skills, and an analytical mind.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Motivated by achieving targets and willing to learn and get results.
- Act with integrity, keep commitments, and practice transparency.
- Thrive in ambiguous, rapid project schedules, being able to quickly adjust priorities and enhance development and testing time.
- Degree in Computer Science with a focus in computer vision.
- Ph.D. in computer vision; proven computer vision experience with Ph.D. in EE or CS.
- Hands-on experience in robotics is a plus.
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision, and life)
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- Unlimited paid time off
- Home office allowance for office set-up