Location: Flexible (San Mateo, CA / Carlsbad, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
As a Corporate Development Associate on the Business and Corporate Development team, you will work cross-functionally with Product, Legal, Finance, Engineering, and People teams to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities that drive innovation and sustain growth for GoPro. You will also assist with all aspects of the company’s inorganic growth strategy including conducting market research, identifying potential targets, analyzing risks and opportunities, comprehensive financial modeling and valuation analysis, as well as provide insight and recommendations to key stakeholders based on research and evaluation of the industry and detailed due diligence of potential opportunities.
What You Will Do
- Identify, evaluate, and value acquisition and strategic investment opportunities
- Perform value-added ad-hoc evaluation of both internal and external initiatives that help drive decision making
- Maintain and update key target-tracking databases
- Research industry trends, business landscape, and internal product development efforts
- Help drive management team decisions, and support agreement facilitations and execution
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in management consulting, corporate development, venture capital, private equity, or investment banking in the technology industry.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrated ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Results-driven and able to strike the right balance between detail-focused and grasping the big picture
- Strong financial modeling and valuation skills, creativity, organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, strong multi-tasking ability, and a do-whatever-it-takes attitude
- Experience creating presentations and communicating complex information to senior management
Bonus Points For
- Experience in subscriptions, digital, communications, e-commerce, and/or cloud.
- Knowledge of GoPro products and excellent cross-functional skills.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.