Start Date: 7/10/2023 Class – Training is 7 weeks on-site in the Omaha, NE office. There is no PTO allowed during training.
Location: Omaha, NE Office – 1926 S 67th St, Suite 200, Omaha NE 68106. You will be required to be in office up to 3 days a week post training.
Hourly Rate: $25 per hour
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
As a Kitchen Customer Care Expert, you engage directly with our Toast customers to drive specialty support with measured success based on productivity and customer satisfaction Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). You will respond to and resolve complex and nuanced inquiries on Toast products and services, and take ownership of the customer experience. You are able to apply principles and methodologies, such as empathy, good judgment, and a consultative approach, to customer interactions. As a pivotal stakeholder, you partner with leadership and cross-functional teams across the company. To thrive as a Customer Care Expert at Toast, you are a customer champion, thrive in escalated situations, and excel in ambiguous environments!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Deliver a top tier customer experience over the phone through creative problem-solving and consistent probing, to craft accurate & timely outcomes for Toast Customers
- Understand technology issues by asking questions, listening, asking follow-up questions, taking detailed notes and providing accurate time estimates for next steps
- Communicate & collaborate effectively with escalated customers; able to use de-escalation techniques to resolve complex customer inquiries and increase customer satisfaction
- Help set up and troubleshoot technology devices for customers
- Collaborate and actively participate with internal team members in meetings and 1:1 training to ensure we are all working together to provide a great customer experience
- Support the business by recommending process improvements to management toward advancing customer programs.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years of experience in a role responsible for customer satisfaction or 1+ year working in a customer support role providing technical troubleshooting and solving difficult problems
- Experience with root cause analysis; able to understand unique situations and deliver solutions to these problems
- Proven track record of success navigating and troubleshooting technical tools, for instance a Apple laptop and Android based software + Toast-native hardware
- Strong verbal/ written communication, organizational, and influencing skills
- Success operating independently and navigating competing priorities in a constantly changing environment
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- 1+ years of experience using a POS (Point of Sale) software, ideally in the service industry
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, nights and weekends
Our Spread of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].