Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* to build for success?
As a Customer Care Analyst you will support the Care organization in getting behind the “Why” and the “How” of our customer interactions using a business-focused analytical skillset. Our team is passionate about using data to better understand the customer experience and bring insights to action. This includes analyzing call drivers and customer intents as well as our internal processes and policies for handling customers’ needs and pain points. In this role, you will work in close partnership with our Operations and Product and teams to inform and prioritize roadmaps as well as with our Product Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Strategic Finance teams to coordinate our use of data for driving action.
Success for our team is to be able to drive change through creative, data-driven thinking, influential storytelling, and a customer-centric mindset.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Gathers and interprets business requirements from stakeholders in R&D and Operations to perform and share analyses
- Work with Product teams to size customer pain points and estimate impact from improvements
- Work with Operations to size process flows and estimate impact from re-engineered tools and processes
- Applies strong technical practices to connect data sources, extract data, and perform analysis
- Looks for opportunities to optimize and automate analyses, develop triggers and dashboards for more efficient identification and communication of insights
- Builds a backlog of insights derived from analyses, assembles data to support hypotheses
- Uses storytelling and visualization to help communicate the “so what?” of their analysis
- Coordinates between Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, R&D, and Operations team to obtain appropriate information
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Data driven, customer centric, always curious, asking questions and anticipating challenges
- A proven track record of solving amorphous problems, thinking creatively and proactively
- Ability to tell the story of your analysis, tie insights to business-impacting recommendations
- Experience with analytics in a customer-focused field: customer experience, customer service, marketing, product
- Experience analyzing large data sets, distilling to actionable insights
- Strong Excel and SQL skills, familiarity with tools like Looker, Salesforce, and Python/R
- Experience with data platforms, data extraction, automation, and data visualization
- Experience in Voice of the Customer analysis (including CSAT, NPS), text and voice analytics
- Familiarity with designing, running, and measuring experiments
- Bachelor's Degree with 4-6 years of experience in analytical roles
- Have the ability to come to the Boston office once a week is ideal
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.