Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurants of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
As a data scientist, you will partner across the R&D org and be a critical contributor to the machine learning algorithms using our huge reservoir of point of sale transaction data. You will help expand Toast product offerings and improve Toast’s data science and machine learning capabilities.
About this Roll*:
- Build machine learning and big data algorithms to create and improve Toast products
- Build proprietary big data models to drive business value for Toast and our restaurant customers
- Collaborate closely with fellow data scientists, product, engineering, and others within the organization to build our restaurant technology platform
- Work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Effectively work with business and data science leads: strong communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts and desire to influence business decisions
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's 3+ years of experience in a Data Science, Machine Learning, Software Engineering or similar position, or Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience
- Experience building and deploying progressively complex and scalable machine learning models in production environments
- Experience with Python and SQL; knowledge of some of the following languages, tools, and frameworks: Spark, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, R, etc.
- Exposure to software engineering best practices and tools including object-oriented programming, test-driven development, git, shell scripting, task orchestration (Airflow, Kubeflow, etc.) and AWS stack (Sagemaker, Athena, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics and machine learning concepts including experimental design, hypothesis testing, regression, classification, clustering and neural networks
- Problem solver who loves to dig into different kinds of data and can communicate their findings to business stakeholders
- Experience with financial topics such as fraud, risk management, payment processing
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.